Don’t let gloomy Indiana weather put a damper on your day. Excessive rainfall helps Indiana lawns bloom into green, beautiful, and healthy yards. What should you do when the rain is here? Don’t wait for the grass to grow and the raindrops to fall.
Top 20 Rainy Day Activity Checklist for Inside and Outside of the House
Are you staying inside on this rainy day? Here are 10 activities to keep you dry:
- Get crafty: Your refrigerator door is looking a little bare and is need of some decorations! Ask the kids to create finger paint masterpieces or draw pictures of their favorite things.
- Embark on a treasure hunt or scavenger search: Pass the time while the rain falls. See who can find the hidden treasure!
- Play hide and seek: Explore those secret hiding places!
- Soak in a bubble bath: Take time for yourself to soak in lavender bubbles.
- Build a fort: Create an imaginary world for the little ones.
- Bake a cake: Celebrate the rain! You don’t need an occasion to bake sweets.
- Have a movie marathon: From old school classics and specific genres to legendary sequels, a rainy day is perfect for a marathon!
- Start a board game tournament: Pull out all of your favorite childhood games. Monopoly, Scrabble, Clue, and more!
- Complete a puzzle: Get the family together and conquer 1,000 pieces!
- Start a book: Challenge yourself! Can you finish it in one day?
Get out of the house on a rainy day and check out these 10 places to visit:
- A museum: Expand your knowledge and refresh on the history of the world around us.
- A trampoline park: No better way to drain some energy out of those little ones.
- The zoo: Visit the exhibits of your favorite animals, rain or shine!
- The aquarium: You can still explore the wonders of the ocean in Indiana!
- The movie theater: Rainy weather is the perfect time to see the newest films in the box office.
- A bowling alley: Bring out the competition with a couple games of bowling.
- The gym: If you can’t run outside, head to the gym for some exercise or play a family game of indoor basketball.
- The mall: Shop to the beat of the raindrops!
- The spa: Bubble bath at home or a visit to the spa? You deserve to relax!
- Volunteer: Spend your rainy day giving back to the community around you.
If Indiana weather has you looking to get away, consider our list of 6 Must-Visit Family Spring Vacation Spots. Rainy days are perfect for road trips, too!